Color blocking is everywhere this spring, and if you want to add a little bit to your wardrobe without going overboard, these beaded earrings would be perfect. They can be as bright or as subtle as you’d like, and they’re so easy to make that you might as well whip up a pair to go with every outfit.
Glue or nail polish
1. Thread your beading needle with 16 inches of beading thread and string one seed bead so that it’s in the middle of your thread.
2. Feed both ends of your thread through the eye of the needle so your bead is in the middle of a loop of thread.
3. Now string additional beads until you’ve reached the desired length. (I think I did something like 26 green beads, 11 silver, and 20 dark blue for these earrings.)
4. Repeat until you have 8 identical beaded lengths.
5. Gather four of your bead strands and string a larger bead onto the free ends of thread.
6. Loop the thread through the eye on an earring hook and tie a knot or two, then thread the string back through the large bead. Secure the knot with a dab of glue or clear nail polish.
7. Carefully trim the free thread ends, and repeat the above steps for both earrings.