I’ve seen multiple cute internet ladies rocking glittery stars in their hair, so I decided to make my own version of this trend. It seems like the perfect accessory for all of the holiday parties and celebrations coming up!
Sheet of glitter paper (it’s thicker, like paperboard, and is available at larger craft and paper stores in the scrapbooking sections)
Glue (I went with E6000)
Sheet of paper for backing (optional)
Scissors and/or X-acto knife
For the headband: Two 20-inch pieces of ribbon
For the hairpin: One hairpin (I used one with a base, from here, but you could probably get away with a regular one from the drugstore)
2. Place your cut-out star on the back of the glitter paper and trace around the template, then do the same with the backing paper.
3. Glue the backing paper onto the back of the glitter star just to cover up the cardboard back of the glitter paper, then glue your hairpin to the star.
4. Let it dry overnight, then stick it in your hair!
For the headband:
2. Trace the star template onto the back of the glitter paper three times, overlapping the edges slightly. Carefully cut out the stars.
3. Once you’ve cut out your stars, trace them onto the backing paper, and cut those out, too.
4. Cover the back of the glitter stars with a layer of glue and place your ribbons on the ends, then place your backing paper on top, sandwiching the ribbons in between. Put a heavy book on top and let them dry, then trim off any of the backing paper that shows from the front.
Tie around your head and join the ranks of the internet ladies with stars on their heads!
P.S. If you’re worried about the glitter shedding, you can hit your stars with a couple of layers of clear spray sealant before you glue everything together.
- No items to display
DIY and Craft Books I Like